General NSS Services & Resources
- Information and referral
- Assistance to emerging and established groups with project planning and management.
- Room & basic conference equipment for community activities. (bookings required)
- Information sessions, workshops & cultural awareness training for corporate or educational groups.
- EAPA -Emergency assistance with electricity, gas and water accounts (by appointment only).
- Tax Help taxation return assistance to people with low incomes (July-Oct).
- Legal Clinic provided by Hunter Community Legal Centre
- Outreach field visits by officers from Department of Immigration & Citizenship
Immigration Advice Service
Registered Migration Agents (Lulu Tantos MARN: 0318123 & Henriette de Jong MARN: 1462231)
- Providing information for Visa Applicants in the Community
- Migration advice, information and assistance to eligible clients through registered Migration Agents (by appointment only).
- Fees apply for migration agent services.
Multicultural Access Project (MAP) Hunter
- This project promotes and supports equitable access to Home and Community Care (HACC) funded services for culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) people who are frail aged, people with a disability and their carers by:
- The provision of strategic advice, information, referral, and assistance to ethno specific, multicultural and mainstream services to improve outcomes for frail aged, younger people with a disability and carers from a CALD background.
- Undertaking research to identify and report on the needs of the frail aged, younger people with a disability and carers from a CALD background in the Hunter to inform the HACC planning process to ensure services are responsive to specific needs and reflect local demographics.
- Providing information and advice to CALD communities to increase their awareness of and access to appropriate HACC support services.